Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sarah Palin Rally




On Monday, October 13th, I had the opportunity along with my good friend and co-partner, Pastor Chris Swortzel, to go to Richmond Virginia to see and hear Gov. Sarah Palin give a speech. What impressed me the most? Several things. The politeness and respectability of the crowd. No pushing or shoving. No tempers, very little trash even though tens of thousands were straining to get a glimpse of Gov. Paliln. They were even polite to the hecklers who showed up. Second, after the pledge of allegiance to the flag, there was a public prayer for the event, our nation and the candidates! This was really special in the face of the fact that just last week the VA State Police banned prayer from their workplace using the name of 'Jesus' or 'Christ'! Third, the character, humility and posture of Sarah Palin. Honoring her husband, God and her children along with her pledge to honor life and biblical values was refreshing.

I had to keep reminding myself that this was indeed a public political event!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to go...and have a good time at a political event.